Secure Order Form
Mail & Fax Orders
* * *
Phone Toll Free:
* * *
Randy Alcorn, 2004
What will heaven be like? Randy Alcorn presents a thoroughly biblical answer, based on years of careful study, presented in an engaging, reader-friendly style. His conclusions will surprise readers and stretch their thinking about this important subject. Heaven will inspire readers to long for heaven while they're living on earth.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Preface: About This Book
Introduction: The Subject of Heaven
A THEOLOGY OF HEAVEN
REALIZING OUR DESTINY
- Are You Looking Forward to Heaven?
- Is Heaven Beyond Our Imagination?
- Is Heaven Our Default Destination... or Is Hell?
- Can You Know You're Going to Heaven?
UNDERSTANDING THE PRESENT HEAVEN
- What Is the Nature of the Present Heaven?
- Is the Present Heaven a Physical Place?
- What Is Life Like in the Present Heaven?
GRASPING REDEMPTION'S FAR REACH
- This World Is Not Our Home... or Is It?
- Why Is Earth's Redemption Essential to God's Plan?
- What Will It Mean for the Curse to Be Lifted?
- Why Is Resurrection So Important?
- Why Does All Creation Await Our Resurrection?
- How Far-Reaching Is the Resurrection?
SEEING THE EARTH RESTORED
- Where and When Will Our Deliverance Come?
- Will the Old Earth Be Destroyed... or Renewed?
- Will the New Earth Be Familiar... like Home?
CELEBRATING OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
- What Will It Mean to See God?
- What Will It Mean for God to Dwell Among Us?
- How Will We Worship God?
RULING ON THE NEW EARTH
- What Does God's Eternal Kingdom Involve?
- Will We Actually Rule with Christ?
- How Will We Rule God's Kingdom?
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT HEAVEN
WHAT WILL THE RESURRECTED EARTH BE LIKE?
- Will the New Earth Be an Edenic Paradise?
- What Is the New Jerusalem?
- What Will the Great City Be Like?
- Will There Be Space and Time?
- Will the New Earth Have Sun, Moon, Oceans, and Weather?
WHAT WILL OUR LIVES BE LIKE?
- Will We Be Ourselves?
- What Will Our Bodies Be Like?
- Will We Eat and Drink on the New Earth?
- Will We Be Capable of Sinning?
- What Will We Know and Learn?
- What Will Our Daily Lives Be Like?
WHAT WILL OUR RELATIONSHIPS BE LIKE?
- Will We Desire Relationships with Anyone Except God?
- Will There Be Marriage, Families, and Friendships?
- Whom Will We Meet, and What Will We Experience Together?
- How Will We Relate to Each Other?
- What Will New Earth Society Be Like?
WHAT ABOUT ANIMALS?
- Will Animals Inhabit the New Earth?
- Will Animals, Including Our Pets, Live Again?
WHAT WILL WE DO IN HEAVEN?
- Will Heaven Ever Be Boring?
- Will There Be Arts, Entertainment, and Sports?
- Will Our Dreams Be Fulfilled and Missed Opportunities Regained?
- Will We Design Crafts, Technology, and New Modes of Travel?
LIVING IN LIGHT OF HEAVEN
- Reorienting Ourselves to Heaven as Our Home
- Anticipating the Great Adventure
Appendix A - Christoplatonism's False Assumptions
Appendix B - Literal and Figurative Interpretation
About the Author
Dr. Randy Alcorn is leading authority on Heaven. As the founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit ministry devoted to promoting an eternal viewpoint and drawing attention to people in special need of advocacy and help, Randy has dedicated many years to the study of Heaven and eternity.
A pastor for fourteen years before founding EPM in 1990, Randy is a popular teacher and conference speaker. He has spoken in mnay countries and has been interviewed on more than 500 radio and television programs. Holding degrees in theology and biblical studies he has taught biblical interpretation, theology, and ethics on the adjunct faculties of Multnomah Bible College and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. He is the author of twenty-four books.
The father of two married daughters, Karina and Angela, Randy lives in Gresham, Oregon, with his wife and best friend, Nanci. He enjoys spending time with his family, biking, tennis, research, and reading.
533 pages, hardback, bibliography, Scripture index, name index, subject index.